In AFLW round four, Liz keeps lamenting about having to learn what loss feels like, Stephanie complains again about the Dockers travelling every week, and we offer you some more reading.
- I can’t BELIEVE Adelaide and Brisbane are the top of the ladder. The world is completely upside down, we are definitely in the darkest timeline.
- Even though the Dockers are definitely not going to make it to the GF of this first season, I am pretty sure I’m still going to go to the GF. Unless, of course, the GF ends up in Brisbane.
- Speaking of the Dockers, though, if I’m getting Newsletters once a week I want my membership merch! IT HAS BEEN MANY WEEKS.
- The Dockers are still travelling basically every week, and it’s very unfair.
- If Sydney had a team in the AFLW, they would be doing very well you know.
- She says, wistfully.
- For the record, I’m quite resigned to a weekly cycle of Increasingly Desperate Hope Followed By Resigned Disappointment. I feel like a real Bulldogs fan now!
- I even bought a shirt, that’s how dedicated I am to the Disappointment Cycle Lifestyle.
- Also, I spent last week reading about Collingwood’s Moana Hope, and the general opinion that she was overrated and useless, so I was actually glad to see her live up to her potential. Even though I would have been okay with her kicking just that one goal at the start, and then the Bulldogs taking it from there.
- Anyway, a long losing streak makes eventual success all the sweeter. On a related note, large chunks of Footscray are STILL decorated for last year’s mens’ grand final, and it’s pretty sweet.
- What will we do if the GF ends up in Brisbane or Adelaide? Decamp to the house with the biggest TV and best internet connection, I guess.
- How much am I not cut out to actually play a sport? When Kate Sheahan did her knee — the podcast The Outer Sanctum had an interesting bit recently about how it turns out that female AFL players are more prone to knee injuries than men — my own knee started throbbing so badly that I iced it just for the placebo effect.
- I’m just, like, so sensitive and empathetic? *wipes a single crystalline tear from cheek*
Steph also can’t believe she’s linking to Fox Sports: Bec Goddard is quickly becoming one of the most influential figures in the AFLW
OH UH: Collingwood’s AFLW debutant Kate Sheahan says career could be over after knee injury
Women’s sports like AFLW, netball reaching new heights while others languish
Girls-only football teams on the rise after the launch of AFLW
A Voice from the Stands: Our new normal
2 thoughts on “aflw round four”
My wife is so upset that Sydney doesn’t have a team in the AFLW.
Welcome to the Bulldogs, Liz. 🙂
Comments are closed.