It’s not official, it’s just here at No Award! This week No Award is going to talk EVERY DAMN DAY about spec fic.
Liz and Steph love spec fic, and we have a special place in our hearts and in our lives for Australian spec fic. And we could say there’s not enough of it (there isn’t), but what there is just isn’t talked about enough. So we have taken it upon ourselves, sacrificed whole hours of our time, to engage with and review a number of Aussie spec fic texts.
Some upcoming highlights:
- Shiver! As Liz watches a movie with many shots of sinister wind farms!
- Tremble! As Steph reads horror books on the plane to Perth!
- Gasp with delight! At the Indian-Australian YA spec fic anthology with pictures, what the hell, give us more.
- Wibble With Discomfort! As Liz digs up some hardcore claustrophobic body horror for readers aged 9-14.
- Whine with jealousy! As Steph steals books from Australian small presses to read!
- Look on with envy! As Liz steals them from Steph and reads them herself!
- And, be not surprised! As Steph starts the week with sitting on a panel and threatening to throw books against the wall.
We’ll update this post at the end of the week to be a master list, but we would love for you to come on this journey with us. Tell us you disagree with us, or agree, or just aren’t sure.
Table of Contents:
- science fiction saves the future
- In space, no one can hear you have manpain
- aussie spec fic right there on my teevee*
- Aussie spec fic for young readers: A Single Stone by Meg McKinlay
- anthologies in review